عنوان مقاله [English]
Investment is one of the pillars of each economy. Undoubtedly, increase in production is the first step in economic development, which requires higher investment. Hence, some economic theories refer to lack of capital as main cause of underdevelopment. The present paper examines the factors influencing capital accumulation in Iran using time series data over the period 1974-2004. It applies an auto-regressive distributed lags model and Johansen- Juselius test to examine long-run relationship. The findings indicate that capital accumulation is affected by tax revenues, public and private savings, interest rate, and net current and capital accounts.Capital accumulation is directly related to tax revenues, public and private savings, and net capital account, but indirectly to the domestic interest rate.Therefore, a proper financial policy can be effective in achieving the goal of more capital accumulation.
- Abdel-Rahman, A. M. M. (2002). The determinants of foreign direct investment in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Department of Economics, King Saudi University. Cambridge.
- Bahmani, Mojtaba. (1993). Analysis and estimation of private investment function in accordance with the government investment policy (2007-2013). Master's Thesis, Allameh Tabatabai University, Faculty of Economics. (in Persian)
- Barkhordi, Sajad (2007). Foreign investment in the FPI's financial basket. Tehran: Economics Management Research Institute. (in Persian)
- Economic Modeling, Volume 2, Issue 6 ,Page 177-204(in Persian)
- Gharabaghian, Morteza. (1994). Growth and Development Economics (Vol. I), Tehran: Neji Publishing, Sixth Edition. (in Persian)
Hasanpour Kashani, Somayeh & Jawad Turkmani ( 2007). Investigating the relationship between savings and investment in Iran: The application of autoregressive vector model. Sixth Iranian Agricultural Economics Conference, Mashhad, Iran Agricultural Economics Association, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. (in Persian)
- Houshmandi, Hamid (2009). Investigating Factors Affecting National Savings in Iran.
- Karimzadeh, Mostafa; Nasrollahi, Khadijeh; Samadi, Saeed & Dalali Isfahani, Rahim. (2011). Investigating the Effect of Exchange Rate on Investment in Iran. Economic Research Journal, Volume 11, Issue 2, Pages 50-41. (in Persian)
- kazemi, Abotaleb & Zahra Arabi (2014). The effect of government spending on private investment in Iran during the period 1962-2010. Applied Economics Studies, Volume 3, Issue 9, Page 223-245. (in Persian)
- Khalili Araghi, Mansour & Salimi shendi, Roghayeh (2015). The Effect of Fiscal Decentralization on Economic Growth in Various Provinces of Iran (A Spatial Econometric Approach). Economic Research and Policies, Volume 22, Issue 71. (in Persian)